The Rila Monastery is located at altitude of 1147 meters in the middle of the fragrant coniferous forests of Rila Mountain.
The monastery is a complex of cultural, dwelling and farming buildings which take about 8800 square meters. The Rila Monastery has an unique architecture. Outside it looks like a fortress, the 24-meter stone walls form irregular pentagon.
That’s why when a tourist enters the monastery’s yard from one of the two iron gates he is surprised by its architecture: arches and colonnades, covered wooden stairs and carved verandas and more than 300 monastic cells. The church of the Nativity of the Virgin is the monastery’s main church and the core of the architectural ensemble.
In this this tour can be included visit to the Boyana church.
PRICE FROM: 35 euro
DURATION: 7 hours
The Rila Monastery Tour operates every day.
For more information about prices, booking and payment options, please contact us. We will respond within 2 to 12 hours.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
- Do the tour at your own pace with a professional tour guide speaking your language
- Visit the museum of the monastery where your guide will give you interesting facts about the objects on display
- Choose your own departure time
- Have a comfortable vehicle. All our vehicles please see here
- WI-FI on board
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
This tour can be paid by credit card, paypal, bank transfer or cash upon departure.
Please note that paying by credit card will apply a supplementary fee of 2,5% for VISA and Master Card. Paying by paypal will apply a supplementary fee of 4% for overseas transactions.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
- 7 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 4 to 6 days prior to date of activity – 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement)
- 3 days prior to date of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
- Less than 3 days prior to date - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement)
By one of our comfortable sedans or minivans Mercedes Viano
Professional Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
The Ethnographic museum in the Rila monastery