The Rila Monastery Day Tour is one of our absolute Best Sellers.
The Rila Monastery is located at altitude of 1147 meters in the middle of the fragrant coniferous forests of Rila Mountain. It is a complex of cultural, dwelling and farming buildings which take about 8800 square meters. The Rila Monastery has an unique architecture. Outside it looks like a fortress, the 24-meter stone walls form irregular pentagon. That’s why when a tourist enters the monastery’s yard from one of the two iron gates he is surprised by its architecture: arches and colonnades, covered wooden stairs and carved verandas and more than 300 monastic cells. The church of the Nativity of the Virgin is the monastery’s main church and the core of the architectural ensemble.
The Rila Monastery Day Tour will give you a complete information on the development of the Christianity in Bulgaria.
Why Book the Day Tour to the Rila Monastery with us?
- Have an exceptional guide, that will go beyond your expectations by knowledge, flexibility and professionalism
- Enjoy a ride by a comfortable and non-smoking vehicle with wi-fi on board
- Get the information that will be just enough. Not less than necessary and not boring
- Choose your own pick up time
- Do the tour at your pace
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel/address included
Good to Know!
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring long sleeve shirt or a scarf to cover your shoulders. Best is to cover your legs as well.
- Have some warm blouse or pullover. Even in the summer it can be chilly
- Have a sun-protection cream handy
- It would be good to have a hat and sunglasses as well
In this this tour can be included visit to the Boyana church.
For other day tours, please see here: Day Tours from Sofia
PRICE FROM: 35 euro
DURATION: 7 hours
The Rila Monastery Tour operates every day.
For more information about prices, booking and payment options, please contact us. We will respond within 2 to 12 hours.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
- Do the tour at your own pace with a professional tour guide speaking your language
- Visit the museum of the monastery where your guide will give you interesting facts about the objects on display
- Choose your own departure time
- Have a comfortable vehicle. All our vehicles please see here
- WI-FI on board
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
This tour can be paid on line by credit card, paypal or bank transfer.
Upon booking we require 30% downpayment.
You can choose one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
For the payment of the balance you can choose one of the forecited modes including cash on spot upon arrival. You can pay in USD, Euro, AUD, Your currency (no matter what it is) or Bulgarian lev (BGN).
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE RILA MONASTERY TOUR:
- 7 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 4 to 6 days prior to date of activity – 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement)
- 3 days prior to date of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
- Less than 3 days prior to date – 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement)
ALL ONE DAY TOURS FROM SOFIA PLEASE SEE HERE:
- Sofia City Tour
- Sofia Tour and the Boyana Church
- Sofia Communist Tour
- One Day Tour to Plovdiv
- One day tour to Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa
- One Day tour to Thessaloniki from Sofia
- One Day tour to Skopje from Sofia
- One Day Tour to Koprivshtitsa
- One Day Tour to Belogradchik and the Magura cave
- One Day Tour to the Seven Rila Lakes
- One Day Tour to Melnik, the Rozhen monastery and Wine Tasting
- One Day Tour to Koprivshtitsa and the Buzludzha Monument incl the Thracian Tomb of Seuthes III