Koprivshtitsa One Day Tour from Sofia is a journey back to the 19th century. It is a charming village where many revolutionaries, poets, writers and scholars were born.
In the 18th and 19th century, the inhabitants of Koprivshtitsa became famous as good stockbreeders and artisans. They produced thick woolen fabrics and clothing and travelled all over Europe and the Middle East. The wealthy town was attractive for the violent Turkish troops. They burned and looted the village three times. Koprivshtitsa reached its zenith in the 19th century. The locals built churches and schools, lavish houses and bridges. They also established a cultural club, along with a students` society. The inhabitants of the village took part in all of the largest incidents of struggle for national liberation. On April 20, 1976, the first rifle shot at the oppressor was here and the revolutionaries declared the April uprising. It cleared the way for the construction of modern Bulgaria.
Why book your Day Tour to Koprivshtitsa with us?
- Licensed, accredited and extremely professional tour guide with best credentials and expertise
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off included
- Choose the pick up time
- Flexibility to alter the program, even while on the tour
- Best value for money
- A very comfortable, safe and non-smoking vehicle equipped with wi fi on board
- The guide will be happy to go the extra mile to render your tour to a real memorable experience
- All taxes, admissions and parking fees will be included in tour prie
- Visit some of the houses that belonged to famous revolutionaries
- Enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature and the vast green pastures
- Taste some local dishes in a local restaurant
For other day tours from Sofia chek here: One Day Tours from Sofia
Testimonials about the way we serve our customers you can find in Trip Advisor.
DURATION: 7 hours
The Koprivshtitsa Day Tour operates every day upon request.
For more information about prices, booking and payment options please contact us. We will respond within 2 to 12 hours.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE KOPRIVSHTITSA DAY TOUR:
- Enjoy a comfortable 2 hours drive through the saddle between the Balkan range and the Middle forest mountains
- Visit some of the most emblematic houses in the village such as the Oslekov
s house, the Debelyanovs house, the Kableshkov`s house, the house of the Lyutovs rich family and the house of the Karavelovs family
- Visit one of the first elementary schools in Bulgaria
- Admire beautiful architecture of houses from the 18th and the 19th century
- Have a comfortable vehicle. All our vehicles please see here.
- WI-FI on board
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE KOPRIVSHTITSA DAY TOUR:
This tour can be paid on line by credit card, paypal or bank transfer.
Upon booking we require 30% downpayment.
You can choose one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
For the payment of the balance you can choose one of the forecited modes including cash on spot upon arrival. You can pay in USD, Euro, AUD, Your currency (no matter what it is) or Bulgarian lev (BGN).
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE KOPRIVSHTITSA DAY TOUR:
- 7 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 4 to 6 days prior to date of activity – 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement)
- 3 days prior to date of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
- Less than 3 days prior to date of activity – 100% cancellation fee (No reimbursement).
ALL ONE DAY TOURS FROM SOFIA PLEASE SEE HERE:
- Sofia City Tour
- Sofia Tour and the Boyana Church
- Sofia Communist Tour
- One Day Tour to Plovdiv
- One day tour to the Rila monastery
- One Day tour to Thessaloniki from Sofia
- One Day tour to Skopje from Sofia
- One Day Tour to Belogradchik and the Magura Cave
- One Day Tour to Koprivshtitsa and Plovdiv
- One Day Tour to the Seven Rila Lakes