Sofia Communist Tour by Trabant car is our product that we love most. Taking this tour is a great chance to dive into the communist past of Bulgaria. You will find out what was it like behind the “Iron curtain”. Visit the giantesque communist buildings in the center of Sofia, the living communist past of Bulgaria. In three hours you will get the essential from the communist period and its aftermath.
The highlight of our Sofia Communist Tour by Trabant car is the ride by our Trabant 1985. We purchased this car in order to provide an unforgettable experience to the customers that book the tour. After we visit the central part, we will take you to the Socialist Art Museum by the emblematic Trabant Car.
The Trabant car is one of the symbols of the communism all over Easter Europe.
Few interesting facts about the Trabant car:
It was produced from 1957 to 1990 by former East German car manufacturer. It had a duroplast body mounted on a one-piece steel chassis, front-wheel drive, a transverse engine, and independent suspension. The 1980s model did not have a tachometer. It did not have an indicator for either the headlights or turn signals. Neither it had fuel gauge, rear seat belts, or external fuel door. The drivers had to pour a mix of gasoline and oil directly under the bonnet/hood.
In the Socialist Art Musuem in Sofia you will see statues of communist Bulgarian and Russian leaders. Also, there is a projection of a documentary about the life of the great leader of the Bulgarian Comminist Party. His name was Mr Georgi Dimitrov.
The guide will reveal some of the real life stories of people, some of them quite unbelievable. You will get acquainted with the historical events and facts that led Bulgaria and the countries from Eastern Europe to fall under the communist regime.
Why book the Sofia Communist Tours with us?
- Unique and unforgettable experience driving in a Trabant car
- Get to know in-depth the communist past of Bulgaria and Eastern Europe
- Learn more from the communist ideology
- Widen your horizons by hearing unbelievable stories
For other Tours of Sofia, please see here:
Testimonials about our great service, please check Trip Advisor
PRICE FROM: 80 euro
DURATION: 3 hours
AVAILABILITY: Daily upon request
MEETING POINT: Your hotel
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SOFIA COMMUNIST TOUR:
- Explore the communist buildings of Sofia at your own pace
- See top communist buildings like NDK, the Presidency, the Parliament, the former Party House
- Choose your own pick up time
- Have a professional tour guide speaking your language
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE SOFIA COMMUNIST TOUR:
This tour can be paid by credit card, paypal or cash upon departure.
Please note that paying by credit card will apply a supplementary fee of 2,5% for VISA and Master Card. Paying by paypal will apply a supplementary fee of 4% for overseas transactions.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE SOFIA COMMUNIST TOUR:
- 3 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 2 days prior to date of activity – 30% cancellation fee (70% reimbursement)
- 1 day prior to date of activity – 100% cancellation fee (no reimbursement)
FOR OTHER GUIDED TOURS OF SOFIA PLEASE SEE HERE:
- By Trabant 1987 car
- Professional Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
- The Socialist Art museum