Guided Sofia City Tour goes for around two and a half to three hours. It is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the most interesting and significant landmarks of the Bulgarian capital. If you have only a weekend in the Bulgarian capital, this tour will give you a complete insight of the city of Sofia. It is full with surprises about its present and its extremely rich historical past.
In the Guided Tour of Sofia you will see the following landmarks of Sofia:
- The Saint Aleksander Nevski Cathedral considered the biggest church on the Balkans. Next to it is the Saint Sofia church and the Holy Synod. Behind is located the National Assembly.
- Next stop is the the former Russian embassy, adjacent to the Russian church.
- The former Royal palace and the National theater situated in the City garden.
- The President`s palace and the Council of Ministers locacted just the opposite side of the street. On the same square is the National archaeological museum housed today in a former mosque.
- In the back yard of the administartion of the President you will discover the Saint George Rotonda 4th century AD. It is one of the oldest active churches in Europe.
- Few steps further is the TSUM department store . On the same square you will admire extremely interesting Roman ruins dating to the 4th century AD, dicovered only in 2006.
- After the TSUM is located the Mosque dating to 1567 and the Synagogue (1909) from the other side of the street.
This tour will make you fall in love with this magnifecent city.
Why should you book this tour with us?
Here are only some of the advantages that you will get booking this tour with us:
- All our tours are private.
- We belong to a new generation of guides. We are still knowledgeable, but also very flexible and fun.
- Stop anytime for a break, get coffee or a bite.
- Get closer to the local life and will hear stories that will give you a deeper understanding about Sofia and Bulgaria.
- Discuss any aspect of life – education, healthcare, politics and any other topic that you are interested in.
- It is not just a tour, it is an experience.
For other Guided Tours of Sofia please see:
Please check the great testimonials about us in Trip advisor here.
PRICE FROM: 65 euro
DURATION: 2.3 hours
The tour of Sofia offers you to see the real mixture of tradition and modern culture. It will acquaint you with Sofia’s most famous points of interest – The St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, The Russian Church, The Church of St. Sophia, The Round Church “St. George”, The National Theater, The mineral baths, The Synagogue, The National Art Gallery, The Archaeological Museum and Parliament square, The Presidency, the Ruins of Serdica and many more exciting views that will make you fall in love with this magnificent city.
MEETING POINT: Your hotel
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SOFIA CITY TOUR:
- Explore Sofia at your own pace
- See top attractions like the St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral and the Rotonda St George
- Choose your own pick up time
- Have a professional tour guide speaking your language
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE SOFIA CITY TOUR:
This tour can be paid by credit card, bank transfer, paypal or cash.
When choosing one of the following payment modes:
- Bank transfer to our Bulgarian account – a surcharge of 7 euro will be applied
- Bank transfer to our Revolut British account – no charges from our side will be applied
- Paying by credit card on line via our site – a supplement fee of 2% will be applied for VISA and Master Card
- Paypal – a supplementary fee of 4% will be applied
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THE SOFIA CITY TOUR:
- 3 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
- 2 days prior to date of activity – 30% cancellation fee (70% reimbursement)
- 1 day prior to date of activity – 100% cancellation fee (no reimbursement)
FOR OTHER TOURS OF SOFIA PLEASE SEE HERE: